Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 101

Last night I dreamt of my son. This is only the second time I've seen Zavier in a dream. The first time, many weeks ago, I dreamt that he was sent here to teach us to pray. The image of him in that dream, was just that, an image. I saw him as I would see him in a photo.

Last night, the dream was so real. Zavier was sitting on the floor in the living room. Sitting!!! I'd never had the chance to see him sit up. He was wearing a diaper. He was laughing, smiling and happy (as usual). He was splashing his hands in a tupperware bowl filled with water, having a blast. He even tried to stand up, only to fall right back onto his bottom...

Then, I woke up. For just the briefest of moments, I allowed myself to believe that what I dreamt was my reality. Waking up this morning was as difficult as it has ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment