Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 188

My Zavier is 10 months old today. I never know whether to say 'he is or was or should've been'. Juls gets upset when I say was. Do we age in Heaven?

I should be toting around a happy, smiling 10 month old baby boy. I should be watching him crawl around and trying to stand up. I should be hearing him laugh, watching him play. But, I'm not.

Instead...I go to the cemetary religiously, almost. I take flowers and toys. I try to convince myself that I'm alright. But, I can't bring myself to put his things away, to close the door to his room, to not turn on his nightlight, to wash the clothes in his hamper.

What if I stay broken?

Not a day goes by that I don't miss my Zavi.

1 comment:

  1. "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

    ReplyDelete