Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 276

Contrary to popular belief, time does not heal all wounds. As the days go by, I've found that my pain is not at all diminished but my coping skills have improved. Each day I am better able to deal with everyday life. The constant lump in my throat gets a little smaller. Every once in a while my smile is from the heart and my laughter does not sound hollow to my own ears.

Tomorrow is Juliana's 10th birthday. And our loss is more apparent now than ever. I don't think there will ever be a family event that feels complete. I can't imagine a time when we don't take a minute to imagine what it would be like if our Zavier were here.

I can almost here the pitter patter of little feet...

1 comment:

  1. Time does not heal all wounds, not at all - God does. I don't know when or how, but I still believe it.

    ReplyDelete