Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 331

331 days later and I finally understand how such a tragedy, the loss of a little life, can destroy a family.

A father loses his only son. A mother loses a baby. And a sister loses a brother. I look at my husband and see the best parts of the son that is not here. I see hopes and dreams and what he could've become. I look at my daughter and I can see the sadness in her eyes.

Everyone is recovering in their own unique way. It is so easy to turn within oneself and let everyone kind of do their own thing, do what they need to do to just get by, until one day you realize that isn't enough. It's true that if you are not working together you are working apart.

It is not an easy thing to fix yourself and it's not an easy thing to fix a family.  Everyone makes progress at their own pace. How do you move forward together? How do you do it so no one is left behind?

2 comments:

  1. I promise you the world again
    Everything within My hands
    All the riches one could dream
    They will come from Me

    I hope that you could understand
    That this is not what I had planned
    Please dont worry now
    It will turn around

    -God

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you're aware that you are all going through this together yet apart...is already such a huge step for your family. Much love and blessings, Er.

    ReplyDelete