Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 14

It has now been two weeks. I guess it's official. This is not a horrible nightmare. It is my horrible reality. Sometimes it feels like Zavier's time with us was just a dream.

I have spent the better part of the last two days working on 'Project Zavier'. That would be the quilts we are making in honor of our baby's life. I was unprepared for the feeling that swept over me as we began to cut up Zavier's clothes. It was as if my mind couldn't comprehend why I would be doing something that just a few short weeks ago would have been utterly unacceptable. However, I am proud to announce...Progress...







Keep in mind, these are, as of yet, unfinished. The blue one I am hand sewing, in Zavier's honor, for Juliana. It makes me feel better to think of Juliana still wrapped in her little brother's love. The red one will hang in Zavier's room.  The third quilt will be a large family quilt made of Zavier's baby blankets. I have never sewn before in my life. The things this baby is inspiring me to do...

Maybe I will become proficient enough to put these new found skills to use. There is an organization called the Linus Project that collects hand made blankets for children who are ill or have been traumatized and are in need. For now it is enough to be able to create a lasting tribute to the tremendous amount of love my son evoked during his 15 weeks on this earth.

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you for doing the quilts! And if you get on a roll...you can make one for me and Sam :)

    ReplyDelete