Monday, January 18, 2010

Still Day 10

This house seems so quite...Has it always been like this? I can't remember. Everyone is home and yet it is so different.

I went to the cemetary today. I thought I'd feel better there. I couldn't stay very long. I'm not sure what I expected. I couldn't stand the thought of his little body....

I know he is in heaven. I know he is with God. My own selfishness prevents me from feeling all the joy that should come from knowing he is with our Savior. I still want him here, here with us. Body and Soul. I know he is in a better place, but this place was fine. Our home, his home, where he had everything a little baby could want, was perfectly fine. He was so happy here. I know it.

Tomorrow...Felix returns to work...Juls returns to school...this is the beginning of life without Zavier...I'm not ready...

I dropped Juliana off at school for 2 months with Zavier safely in his carseat right behind me. I have a dr's appointment tomorrow where people are sure to ask about Zavier. What will I say? There will be so many baby's there and babies in bellies waiting to be born. We want another baby. Is that wrong? Am I horrible for wanting another baby? I know there will never be another Zavier.

I am going to start working on a quilt tomorrow. Yes, me. Wish me luck. I've never even sewn on a button. Tonight I will attempt to go through some of Zavier's favorite clothes to select some items to use for the quilt. Three quilts actually. I am attempting two baby blankets out of Zavier's favorite outfits. One will be for my daughter and the other to hang in Zavier's room. Out of his baby blankets, I will sew a huge family quilt for our little slumber parties in the living room. Pretty big plans for someone who has never sewn in her life.

Going through Zavier's clothes has been on the agenda all weekend. It's now Monday evening and this has yet to be done. I will do it tonight. Sometime tonight. Thinking of the end result will help, I think. Beautiful quilts (I hope) to celebrate Zavier's memory.

6 comments:

  1. Many prayers for you and your family, Er. May this journal of memories, love, loss, and grief help you heal. And I admire your bravery in sharing this arduous journey with us.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never met you, but your journal truly touches me deeply. It is wonderful how you've used this means to express the things that are on your heart and mind. Erica, please know that what you feel is normal. You hurt because death isn't what God intended for us. He has intended something so much better and bigger. Please continue to pray for strength to make it through each day. One moment at a time, one hour at a time, and one day at a time. My heart aches for you. Isaiah 41:10 & 13.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the stillness, In the quiet, I know you are GOD. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you will make awesome quilts :)

    I love you,
    Lanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its wonderful that you want your family to continue to grow. You are the bravest person I know, wish I could just hold you and make the pain melt away. We love you. And I too think you will make awesome quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you so much Erica! You have always been the perfect example of a truly great person. I will see you soon!

    _Angel

    ReplyDelete