Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 232

The other night, Zavier's baby monitor was accidentally turned on. It's a monitor in his crib that monitors movement to include breathing and an alarm sounds when there is no movement for 8 seconds. We were in the living room when the alarm sounded. We all went into Zavier's room and Felix turned off the monitor.

A few minutes later, I heard, on a tv show, a mother telling her family how they'd all be alright as long as they were all together. Ya, well, we aren't all together anymore, I thought. One of us is missing. One of us will always be missing.

As I walked into Juliana's room to say goodnight, I saw the lamp on in Zavier's room. I know in my heart, if not in my mind, that is my Zavier letting me know he is not missing at all. He is the exact opposite of missing. He is forever with us.   

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure I found your blog, but what a beautiful post about how Zavier will always be with you. I lost my twenty month old son and we have little moments like that when toys will just turn on and we say that is Max's way of letting him know that he is still with us. God bless.

    ReplyDelete