Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's time

It's time to round up my husband, my daughter and the memories of our baby boy and move. I've been thinking for the past year about how to begin to get our life back in order. It's going to be a different kind of order now. I need us to move toward healthy on all fronts. That means physically, emotionally and spiritually.

I must confess that I've developed some bad habits over the course of the past year. We've eaten too much, spent too much, spent too little time at home. It's easy to try to fill the void in our lives with more of the things that create fleeting moments of superficial happiness.

But I want more for my family. I want better for my family. It gets difficult to live in the moment when all I really want is in the past. I want the coming year to be about finding our way back to solid ground. I want to be firmly set on something real. I want to bring Zavier with us by creating a lasting legacy of hope, awareness and change.

I have to remember that God has blessed me with the opportunity to live what I believe. That is an opportunity that should not be wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment