Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 317

I Will Trust You
by Steven Curtis Chapman

I don't even want to breathe right now
All I want to do is close my eyes
But I don't want to open them again
Until I'm standing on the other side

I don't even want to be right now
I don't want to think another thought
And I don't want to feel this pain I feel
And right now, pain is all I've got

It feels like it's all I've got, but I know it's not
No, I know You're all I've got
And I will trust You
Trust you, God, I will
Even when I don't understand, even then I will say again
You are amy God, and I will trust You.

God, I'm longing for the day to come
When this cloudy glass I'm looking through
Is shattered in a million pieces
And finally I can just see You

God, You know I believe it's true
I know I will see You
But until the day I do

I will trust You, trust You
Trust you, God, I will
Even when I don't understand
Even then I will say again

You are my God, and I'll trust You
And with every breath I take
And for every day that breaks...

No comments:

Post a Comment