Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 27

Today I pulled into a gas station with my Jeep on empty. I was quickly informed that there was no gas available. I could not help but notice a shiny, black hearse at one of the gas pumps. I'm no longer shocked by these 'coincidences'. Is that God? Maybe...Maybe not. It's clearly been a bad week. I'm sure by now it must be pretty clear the kinds of crazy things that were running madly through my head. I won't even attempt to comment further.

Psalm 13

O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever?
How long will you look the other way?
How long must I struggle with anguish
in my soul,
with sorrow in my heart every day?
How long will my enemy have the upper hand?

Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!
Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or
I will die.
Don't let my enemies gloat, saying "We have
defeated him!"
Don't let them rejoice at my downfall.

But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
I will sing to the Lord
because he is good to me.

It is very much like I am still trying to catch up with my life. As soon as it seems I am making progess, it all falls apart.

The good news....I still believe.  My faith will not be so easily shattered. I find myself going back to my Day 23 often. I feel the need to read what it is that I believe. I do still believe. My faith will not be destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment