Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 40

Still searching for answers...maybe I'll always be searching for answers.

Lent begins today, 40 days until Easter. It has been 40 days since the death of my son. 40 days of pain, anger, hurt, and tears. And there will be another 40 days after that, then 40 more and 40 more for all the years to come. I am not blind to the kindness, selflessness and good I've seen in others during the past 40 days. I am eternally grateful to family and friends...both old and new friends alike.

But, my broken heart is still my broken heart. I am trying to put myself back together. One day I may be close to whole, but I will never be complete and the pieces will never fit quite right again, if they ever did. I will remain forever bruised, battered and scarred. It is a most significant part of who I am becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment