Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 28

4 weeks. It has been a long difficult week. I sincerely thank God for the absolutely awesome people he continues to put in my path. The journey continues to scare, confound and amaze me.

As if to prove my point, when I stopped to check the mail after work, I found an article from a prison newspaper sent to me by one of the awesome people in my life. It was the most perfect end to the insanity of my week. I can't imagine how this must sound, but I honestly feel this message may have been from God himself. 

A Baby Asked God
Submitted by Arturo Salazar
            Rudd Unit

A baby asked God: I heard that you are going to send me down to earth.

God answered: Yes, I'm sending you to your new home and you will live there 'til it's time for you to come back.

The baby asked God: But why, if here I don't do anything else but sing songs and be happy?

God answered: In your new home, you will have a family, and you will also sing songs and be happy, and you will be loved.

The baby asked God: But who will take care of me?

God answered: Your angels will be waiting for you. Your angels will take care of you and will also protect you, even with their own lives.

The baby asked: But how would I talk to my angels if I don't speak their language?

God answered: Your angels will teach you how to talk and will also tell you the sweetest things you have ever heard.

The baby asked: But who will play with me?

God answered: Your angels will play with you and will also teach you how to do different things.

The baby asked: But how would I talk to you if I I won't see you anymore?

God answered: Your angels will teach you how to talk to me and put your hands together and pray, and I will always hear you.

The baby asked: God, before you send me down to earth, can you please tell me the name of my angels?

God answered with happiness: You would just sincerely call them, Mom and Dad.

1 comment: